The Protecting America's Workers Act Summary
Protecting America's Workers Act - Amends the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA) to expand its coverage to federal, state, and local government employees. Authorizes the Secretary of Labor, under specified conditions, to cede OSHA jurisdiction to another federal agency with respect to certain occupational standards or regulations for such agency's employees. Declares OSHA inapplicable to working conditions covered by the Federal Mine Safety and Heath Act of 1977. Sets forth increased protections for whistle blowers under OSHA. Sets forth provisions relating to:
(1) the posting of employee rights;
(2) a prohibition against the adoption or implementation of policies or practices by employers that discourage the reporting of work-related injuries or illnesses or that discriminate or provide for adverse action against any employee for reporting such injury or illness;
(3) a prohibition against the loss of wages or employee benefits as a result of an employee participating in or aiding workplace inspections;
(4) investigations of incidents in a place of employment resulting in a death or the hospitalization of two or more employees;
(5) a prohibition against designating a citation for an occupational health and safety standard violation as an unclassified citation;
(6) the rights of an employee who has sustained a work-related injury or illness that is the subject of an investigation;
(7) an employer's right to contest citations and penalties;
(8) the Secretary's assertion of an employer's failure to correct a serious hazard during an employer's contest to a citation; and
(9) employee objections to modifications of citations. Increases civil and criminal penalties for certain OSHA violators. Requires a state that has an approved plan for the development and enforcement of occupational safety and health standards to amend its plan to conform to the requirements of this Act within 12 months after enactment of this Act.
# # #
Daily Newsletters and Professional Toolboxes:
A concise view of the industry events and announcements that shape the competitive environment. Updated daily.
Electronic Recruiting News
A single article that covers tips, trends and analysis of players, events and occurrences in the Recruiting Industry. Updated daily.
Quote of the Day|
"If content is king, then conversion is queen."
John Munsell, CEO of Bizzuka
In The Blogs
Descriptions and links to the latest recruiting blogs.
Jobs In Human Resources Management
interbiznet's industry specific job search engine, Jobs In Human Resources Management [JobsInHRM].
Blogs in Electronic Recruiting Transcript (BERT)
is a window on the flow of the latest feeds in the Recruiting "blogosphere".
1st Steps In The Hunt
A column for the on-line candidate, 1st Steps in the Hunt provides tips and techniques for successful career development. It includes topics ranging from Resume Preparation and Distribution to Specific Reviews of Career Sites.
Blog Roll |
Mill Valley, CA
415 377 2255 vox
This website and its content is copyright of interbiznet.
© interbiznet 2012. All Rights Reserved.
Any and all materials on the site written by John Sumser are © TwoColorHat. All Rights Reserved.
You may download a copy for personal use.
Redistribution without permission is strictly prohibited.
Industry News Clips
© 2013 interbiznet.
All Rights Reserved.