- Recruiting News
HR Departments to Increase Some Budgets in 2010, Says Latest Survey from HRmarketer.com
January 20, 2010 No comments | Back To Home
CAPITOLA, Calif. / January 20, 2010 -HR buyers plan to increase their budgets by 25 percent in 2010 for corporate social networking tools, employee wellness programs, management and leadership development initiatives, performance management systems, and other training and development programs.
The positive forecast was revealed in HRmarketer.com's latest report HR Buyers' Behavior: What to Expect in 2010. Released today, the fourth annual survey is part of an ongoing "Trends in HR Marketing" report series from the marketing software and services firm.
The report provides information on trends and best practices for marketing to the human resource and benefits marketplace, and details the purchasing behavior of the typical HR buyer and their budgetary priorities in 2010. It also includes analysis of the research by HRmarketer. This analysis, combined with an understanding of how important content, online visibility and social media have become for HR suppliers, provides readers with a better understanding of their target market and the best marketing tools with which to reach them.
The key trends outlined in this survey reveal much about the online HR buying process. Highlights include:
- Thirty-one percent of HR professionals report their company will hire 10-20 percent more staff in 2010;
"In an economic year as dismal as 2009 has been, it's hopeful to hear that HR buyers are more optimistic about 2010," says Kevin W. Grossman, president of HRmarketer.com. "Having an online presence and participating in social media are more important than ever for HR suppliers, because that's where more buyers are participating."
- Forty-five percent of HR buyers are "somewhat optimistic" about the economy and think that business is starting to improve in 2010;
- Key "pain points" for HR in 2010 include assessments and selection, talent management systems, coaching and mentoring, corporate social networking, I-9 compliance, employee self-service, and work-life programs;
- HR buyer participation in social media and the consumption of social media content such as blogs, social networking sites, white papers, research reports, podcasts and webcasts continues to increase;
- HR buyers turn to the Internet first when beginning their search to identify vendors for HR products/services they are interested in purchasing;
- HR buyers value industry content (e.g., white papers) and other organic online sources of information as a primary source of product/service information - more than print or online media advertising.
Seventy-seven percent of survey respondents were executive management across a variety of industries and eighty-eight percent of survey respondents come from companies with annual revenues exceeding $5M.
Download HR Buyers' Behavior: What to Expect in 2010 here.
HRmarketer.com, a service of Fisher Vista LLC, is the no. 1 Internet marketing and media visibility service in the human resources industry. Since 2000, nearly 700 human resource suppliers have used HRmarketer.com to generate publicity, website traffic, sales leads and improved search engine rankings.
Kevin W. Grossman
kgrossman (at) hrmarketer.com
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #
Daily Newsletters and Professional Toolboxes:
A concise view of the industry events and announcements that shape the competitive environment. Updated daily.
Electronic Recruiting News
A single article that covers tips, trends and analysis of players, events and occurrences in the Recruiting Industry. Updated daily.
Quote of the Day|
"If content is king, then conversion is queen."
John Munsell, CEO of Bizzuka
In The Blogs
Descriptions and links to the latest recruiting blogs.
Jobs In Human Resources Management
interbiznet's industry specific job search engine, Jobs In Human Resources Management [JobsInHRM].
Blogs in Electronic Recruiting Transcript (BERT)
is a window on the flow of the latest feeds in the Recruiting "blogosphere".
1st Steps In The Hunt
A column for the on-line candidate, 1st Steps in the Hunt provides tips and techniques for successful career development. It includes topics ranging from Resume Preparation and Distribution to Specific Reviews of Career Sites.
Blog Roll |
Mill Valley, CA
415 377 2255 vox
This website and its content is copyright of interbiznet.
© interbiznet 2012. All Rights Reserved.
Any and all materials on the site written by John Sumser are © TwoColorHat. All Rights Reserved.
You may download a copy for personal use.
Redistribution without permission is strictly prohibited.
Industry News Clips
© 2013 interbiznet.
All Rights Reserved.