For Immediate Release
Tuesday, February 13, 1996
Career Development Conference
March 30, 1996 at Stetson University
DeLand- On Saturday March 30th 1996 from 10:00-4:00pm, the Managerial
Events Committee of Stetson University will be hosting the First Annual
Career Development Conference. This conference will allow businesses
and students the opportunity to interact with one another in an
innovative atmosphere. Apart from learning about each other, employers
and students will participate in a program which will create a future
medium for employer/student interaction. Recruiting will be an inherent
part of the conference and will benefit both the students and businesses
1) Students will have access to computers in the Lynn Business Center.
2) A program (Innovative Communication Method) will be established for
the companies and students after the event.
- All resumes will be put into a database on the Career Development
Database Web Page. Only companies who attend will have access to
- All companies who attend will have a link to their home page through
the Career Development Home Page. This will allow students who attend
gather information about the companies that they are interested in.
Therefore students will have a good understanding of the business
entity before talking to a representative.
3) Hotel accommodations will be available at a discounted rate.
- All companies in attendance will receive a database of resumes of
all students in attendance as a hardcopy or on a CD at the of each
annual conference attended.
- New graduating students will be able to place their resume in the
database at any point in time by using the World Wide Web.
If you are a student with a valid student I.D. , you are invited to be
a part of this great event.
Admission is free, and don't forget to bring your resume.
If you are a business, the fee for attending the Career Development
Conference is $200.00. This includes the following:
All proceeds will be used for further development and implementation
of the network between Stetson students and participating organizations.
- 2 tables and 2 chairs (additional tables and chairs are available)
- Catered lunch
- Professional seminars offered by Stetsonís elite professors.
- A database of resumes will be placed on the World Wide Web and then
transferred on to a CD. (Only companies who attend will receive a CD
and have access to the resumes on the web.)
- A link to your companies (sic) home page in the Career Development Conference
- If a company does not have a web page we will provide one for you.
(For the conference only ($75.00 extra)).
For more information please contact the Managerial Events Committee at:
DeLand, FL 32720
Besides our industry analyses and newsletters, we help recruiters integrate this new technology into their operations. We've added a detailed description of IBN to the website. We'd love to help you.