The Recruiting News
Ways to Create "Vacation Moments" at Work
(June 16, 2011) CareerCast.com offers ways to create "Vacation Moments" at work.
If a vacation this year seems elusive, there are ways to take a break at work without taking time off, according to a new report on CareerCast.com.
"Most people don't use the full vacation days they deserve for fear of repercussions from their boss, or because they prefer to cash in their vacation days rather than take the time off," says Tony Lee, publisher, CareerCast.com. "If you're stuck in the office over the summer while everyone else is on the beach, there are ways you can re-energize and feel more productive without leaving your desk."
CareerCast.com offers these tips to help you recharge this summer while on the job:
Taking time out for our families, our sanity and ourselves is an important part of life. These mental breaks help our brains re-energize, help us to feel renewed and, in the end, be more productive. Even if you can't physically get away on vacation, find ways each day to make time for you -- it's important to your health and well-being.
- Set the Timer - Check e-mail and respond only at certain times. By managing your schedule, you'll feel more productive and won't get sidetracked.
- Hop on the Musical Time-Machine - During your workday, listen to music from your favorite vacation spot or memory. Most radio stations stream live music online all day.
- Take a Walk - Grab a co-worker, go walking and talk about your work projects (or not).
- Say Good-Bye to Clutter - Clean off your desk and your files to feel better organized.
- Relax and Get Centered - Take 10 minutes daily for deep breathing and relaxation in a quiet place.
- Unplug Yourself - Leave technology at the office during your breaks.
- Network - Use downtime to catch up with old friends and colleagues.
- Be One with Nature - Eat outdoors and get some vitamin D.
- Don't Skimp at Lunch - Take the full time you're allotted to meet with friends and laugh a little.
CareerCast.com, created by Adicio, is a job search portal that offers extensive local, niche and national job listings from across North America, job-hunting, career-management and HR-focused editorial content, videos and blogs, and provides recruiters with the ability to post jobs directly to more than 800 niche career sites. CareerCast.com also compiles the Jobs Rated Report (www.jobsrated.com), where 200 jobs across North America are ranked based on detailed analysis of specific careers factors.
To read the full report, visit www.CareerCast.com.
. - .
. - .
Email this article
. - .
For more great articles - search our archives:
Enjoy the Bugler and review the
latest Recruiting Blogs.
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Copyright © 2013 interbiznet. All rights reserved.
Materials written by John Sumser © TwoColorHat. All Rights Reserved.
Electronic Recruiting News
Sign-up to receive this newsletter in email each day.
The interbiznet Bugler
Sign up and receive a concise, daily briefing on recruiting industry news.
HR Jobs |
Recruiting News |
Vacation at Work
Bedlam to Boardroom
Steve Dahl, Adicio
Top Metro Job Ops
The Dice Report
Paychex aquires ePlan
10 Cloud Co's to Watch
The Dice Report
Niche Sites Gaining
Future of Retirement
Monster Job App
Women In America
IHRIM 2011 Conference
Checkster & Accolo
Users Choice Awards
Cost of Bad Hire
Growth in 2011
Recruitment Spend 2011
2011 Jobs Rated
Salaries on the Rise
© 2013 interbiznet.
All Rights Reserved.