IBN: Defining Excellence in Electronic Recruiting


Electronic Recruiting News

Our Rate Card

Please Click On Our Sponsors

Please Click On Our Sponsors

Recruiting News for the Human Resource Professional

Please Click On Our Sponsors

Please Click On Our Sponsors

Please Click On Our Sponsors

Please Click On Our Sponsors




Click On Our Sponsors

Click On Our Sponsors










The Electronic Recruiting News is a Free Daily Newsletter For Recruiters, HR Managers, Advertising Agencies and Clasified Advertising Operations

Atlanta Recruiting Roadshow Sell Out

(September 18, 2007) As of last Friday, the Atlanta Recruiting Roadshow had taken reservations for all of the available seats. Like Minneapolis before it, the Atlanta event is filled to capacity as of two weeks before the actual event. We are clearly tapping into a subsurface need in the industry.

Big events, with costs per attendee running in the $5,000 to $6,000 range, are a very important part of the educational and informational infrastructure of the Recruiting and Staffing industry. We are indebted to the teams from OnRec, ERE, Kennedy, HRTech, Staffing Industry Analysts and others for their ongoing work to legitimize and formalize the business. Over the course of a generation, most of these players have helped to transform an organizational backwater into a vibrant and occasionally innovative market.

Sadly, the total attendance at all trade shows and conferences is barely 1% of the total population of Recruiters. That leaves the yoeman's task of training and informing the other 99% to blogs, trade magazines and publications and word of mouth.

Rare is the Recruiter who has actually attended a formal training course. Most often, they are "thrown into the deep end to see if they can swim". It's no surprise that call reluctance and emailitosis are the standard weaknesses of working Recruiters.

The idea of the roadshow experiment is to make sure that working recruiters in a neighborhood have the opportunity to get to know each other. Training, when it isn't formalized, is best done through a local network. The bet is that the most important thing to happen at a roadshow will be the way that people get to meet each other.

.Send To a Friend -  Email John Sumser. - .Permalink. - .Today's Bugler . -


Free Authoria Webcast: Today, September 18, 2007 at 2:00 p.m. ET

Is the Leadership Gap on your Radar Screen?
It Had Better Be!

What is your strategy for identifying and keeping key employees in your organization? What are you doing to ensure that high-performers see a promising future and will stick around to grow your business?

This free Webcast series features leadership expert and Stanford professor, Dr. Jeffrey Pfeffer, and Deborah Kelly, Aetna's Head of Learning Services.

Register now for all the details you need to improve the way you identify and develop talent, including:
    - Common myths about leadership ... they're just myths!
    - Real-world examples of how enterprises are filling their leadership gaps
    - How active leadership development leads to superior business results

Register now for Aetna's Fresh Approach: All-Out Commitment to Talent, Part Two of Two 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
2:00 PM Eastern I 11:00 AM Pacific
Duration:  1 Hour
Featured Speaker:  Deborah Kelly,  Head of Learning Services, Aetna

| ERN | Bugler | The Blogs | Advertise | Trends | Archives |

Click On Our Sponsors

Read Today's
Bugler       Read current Blogging News: BERT

Download Authoria's complimentary white paper
- Staffing Strategies: Can You Find, Recruit, and Retain the Talent You Need?
Kennedy Presentation: Adventures In Search Video.
Presentation from John Sumser, Recruiting Is A Conversation is available for download.

Presentation from John and Bridget Sumser, Rethinking The Workforce is available for download.

Ten Principles for Recruiting An Integenerational Workforce from John Sumser.

To receive this Newsletter in Email each weekday, please use the form on the linked page.

  Contacting Us:
Copyright © 2012 interbiznet. All Rights Reserved.
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Send comments to colleen@interbiznet.com

Electronic Recruiting News


      -  Bugler
        Daily Industry News

      -  ERNIE
        ERN in Email




  • Roadshow Soldout
  • Market Peaks
  • The Meaning of Age
  • Demographic Walls
  • Information Security IV
  • Recruiting Roadshow
  • Information Security III
  • Out In the Blogs
  • LinkedIn
  • Information Security II
  • Information Security
  • Labor Shortage 11
  • Labor Shortage 10


  • Our Rate Card
    Copyright © 2013 interbiznet. All rights reserved.
    Materials written by John Sumser © TwoColorHat. All Rights Reserved.
    You may download a copy for personal use.
    Redistribution without permission is strictly prohibited.