| ERN | Bugler | The Blogs | Blogroll | Advertise | Archives |
Room 4 Improvement 12
(April 12, 2006) Wrapup.
We've looked at a broad range of perspectives on the Job Board front. While they are not the only tool in the box, job boards are good at what they do. To us, that looks like communicating effectively with 27% of the potential workforce. Job boards are not good at doing some things, including communicating with the remainder of the group (The other 73%)
There is some reason to wonder whether or not job boards are effective tools for reaching a younger demographic. While the 35 and over set is used to the idea of online classified advertising and the widest possible dissemination of personal data, things are different in the iPod generation. Job boards may not be as smart a method for those cases. The age old question, "Are job boards better for reaching out to some professions, ethnicities, geographies or specific demographic slices?" is somewhat less clear. Job boards reach the audiences they reach.
(If you are trying to assess the effectiveness of job boards for reaching your target market, try the following. Get the number of people in the category you are trying to recruit. You'll probably want to be geographically specific. Then, get the number of resumes for that profession in that geography in the database(s) of the job boards you are using. Divide one by the other. The resulting number tells you what percent of the target audience you might reach (at best) by using the job board(s).)
We asked Dub Dubs for a quick recap:
Over the next month or so, we'll start looking at a range of alternatives for reaching the other 73%.
Revisiting The Job Board:
Hire top talent with Yahoo! HotJobs
Home | ERN | Bugler | The Blogs | Blogroll | Advertise | Archives | Careers
interbiznet, Mill Valley, CA 94941
Copyright © 2013 interbiznet. All rights reserved.
Materials written by John Sumser © TwoColorHat. All Rights Reserved.
To receive this Newsletter in Email each weekday, please use the form on the linked page.
Electronic Recruiting News