| ERN | Bugler | The Blogs | Blogroll | Advertise | Archives |
Download: Integrated Employment Branding Presentation
Thanks for the News, HRMarketer
(March 07, 2006) Employees who quit, are laid off or fired have employment rights even after their last day of work. This new legal guide for California employers answers these frequently asked questions:
- when must the final paycheck be paid?
- when are commissions, bonuses, vacation and sick leave due?
- when is severance pay due?
- when can employers make deductions from the final paycheck?
- when can employees continue their health benefits?
- how much advance notice of layoff must be given?
- what are the rules for terminating immigrant employees with work visas?
- can employees be asked to sign a release of claims?
- are employees entitled to copies of their personnel files?
- what is the employer allowed to say in a reference?
- what are the employee's obligations regarding company intellectual property?
- can the employer restrict the employee from working for competitors?
- can the former employee recruit former co-workers for new employer?
- can employees be fired after they quit?
Created by the attorneys at Fair Measures, Inc., the Termination Procedures Toolkit for California Employers applies to non-union, non-government employees and includes:
- answers to all the above FAQs – and more
- descriptions of each law that applies (in plain English),
- references to the exact legal section for further research
- links to the government web sites with more information
- recommendations on how to enforce their rights.
To download the Termination Procedures Toolkit for California Employers go to http://www.fairmeasures.com/products/policies/tpt.asp.
- John Sumser © TwoColorHat. All Rights Reserved.
Home | ERN | Bugler | The Blogs | Blogroll | Advertise | Archives | Careers
interbiznet, Mill Valley, CA 94941
Copyright © 2013 interbiznet. All rights reserved.
Materials written by John Sumser © TwoColorHat. All Rights Reserved.
To receive this Newsletter in Email each weekday, please use the form on the linked page.
Electronic Recruiting News