|September 1, 2011|
In The News
CareerBliss Data Shows Career Advancement Programs, Senior Management and Work-life Balance all Key Drivers of Hotel Employee Happiness. CareerBliss, the leading online career community geared towards helping people find joy and success at every step of their careers, announces the Top Ten Happiest Hotels to Work. Leading the way in employee happiness is the hotelier Hyatt, followed by Marriott and Accor North America, which round out the top ten.
Ultimate Software, a leading provider of unified human capital management (HCM) SaaS solutions for global businesses, today announced that all of its SaaS customers are live on UltiPro’s Summer 2011 release, which is focused on delivering enhanced usability, connectivity, and increased capabilities for ongoing employee development.
Evive Health offers employers 'Five Tips to Increase Health and Wellness Engagement Among Aging Workers' during Healthy Aging Month in September (read more)
Boyden, a global leader in executive search, released its latest issue of the Boyden Leadership Series featuring an in-depth interview with William Pate, President & CEO of Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Venturocket launches, announces Death Of the Résumé. New service introduces skill-based pay-per-connection system for efficiency and affordability.
Zoho, helping people work online, announced the 15th anniversary of ZOHO Corp. The announcement marks the success of the long-term vision and culture that underpin ZOHO Corp., helping to create a company that was built to last. As the company prepares for its next 15 years, it is focusing on expanding various aspects including mobile focus and application integration as well as improving the overall user experience of its applications.
Survey Says . . .
Findings from the Second Edition of the MFG.com European Manufacturing Survey
Job Shops and Contract Manufacturers Hiring Up Significantly, But Not Considering Exporting.
Overall Manufacturing Business Conditions Improve.
Supply Chain Disruptions Increase Significantly In North America Again.
Top Supply Chain Concerns Among Product Manufacturers: Logistics & Shipping Costs;
Volatile Fuel/Oil Prices; Supplier Availability & Economic Health.
In Europe, Supply Chain Disruptions Escalate, Hiring Mixed
MFG.com, the largest global sourcing marketplace for the manufacturing industry today announced the results of their latest two-part MFGWatch Quarterly Survey of North American Manufacturers, covering the second quarter of 2011.
“Small and mid-sized manufacturing in North America continues to do what it does best – innovate and create jobs”
- Product Manufacturers report supply chain disruptions have jumped to its highest level in a year (48%).
- Hiring at job shops and contract manufacturers rose significantly in the second quarter of 2011 (36% added jobs, up from 27% that predicted they would in Q1).
- Job shops and contract manufacturers are resistant to exporting to foreign markets. Only 15% say they will begin or increase exports, while the remaining 85% state they will maintain, decrease or avoid exporting altogether.
Comings & Goings
Convergys Corporation, a global leader in relationship management, announces the appointment of Maria Victoria (“Ivic”) Mueco as country manager for Convergys’ customer management operations in the Philippines.
As Country Manager, Mueco is responsible for executing against Convergys’ growth plans for the Philippines, where Convergys holds the distinction of being the country’s largest private employer. Mueco is also responsible for overseeing the operations within Convergys’ 15 contact centers and nearly 25,000 customer management employees in the country. Mueco served previously as Vice President and Head of Philippines Operations with responsibility for the overall management and development of Convergys’ operations in the Philippines.
. - .
Today's In depth News
. - .
Email a Friend
. - .
© 2013 interbiznet.com
Mill Valley, CA 94941