|The interbiznet Bugler
| Home ERN Bugler Archives Blogs
Sponsorship Recruiting Jobs
Visit our Jobs In Human Resources Management Section.
|September 29, 2009|
Quote of the Day|
"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
- Eddie Cantor
IN THE NEWS
eQuest, the international leader in job posting deliveries and Internet recruitment management services, announced that Taleo Corporation will offer the two-time award winning job board performance product Prophesy3 via the Taleo Solution Exchange - the company's online application marketplace for talent solutions.
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) and Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. (NYSE: ACS) announced a definitive agreement for Xerox to acquire ACS in a cash and stock transaction valued at $63.11 per share or $6.4 billion as of the closing price of Xerox stock on Sept. 25. This acquisition will transform Xerox into the leading global enterprise for document and business process management, and will accelerate its growth in an expanding market.
Cincinnati-based RTM Consulting, the leading provider of Resource Management Solutions for consulting and professional services organizations in the Information Technology sector, announced that Bullhorn has selected its Soft Skills Training Solutions for continuing professional development of their consulting staff. Bullhorn is a leader in on demand integrated front office software for the staffing and recruiting industry.
Annual HR Technology Conference & Exposition
Human Resource Executive's 12th Annual HR Technology Conference & Exposition, starts tomorrow,
September 30 - October 2, 2009
Chicago's McCormick Place.
HR Technology Exhibitors
Kronos Incorporated customer Russ Kahn, director of operations at PUMA North America, along with Kronos CEO Aron Ain, will present a strategic session "PUMA Runs Faster with Workforce Management" at the HR Technology Conference.
Softscape, the global leader in complete people management software that enables organizations to more effectively drive their business performance, will be demonstrating the latest in people management innovations at its booth at the HR Technology Conference in Chicago.
Poll Reveals ...
Monster Global Poll Reveals Nearly 90 Percent of Job Seekers Surveyed Would
Consider a Career Change in Order to Find Work
Spanish workers most willing to switch careers; U.S., German and Czech Republic poll participants, least likely to seek Job Changes
A recent Global poll conducted by Monster indicated 89 percent of job seekers surveyed across Europe, the U.S. and Canada would consider an industry job change in their search for new employment during this present economic climate. Forty-nine percent of those polled globally on Monster are actively seeking a change of career direction, while 11 percent would consider a job change due to lack of jobs in their current industry. Monster® is a leading global online career and recruitment resource and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW).
The Monster Global poll asked 22,444 visitors to its sites across Europe, the U.S. and Canada, "Would you consider a job in another industry?" Just over 47 percent of the survey respondents were from the U.S., while the remaining 53 percent of respondents were from Europe, dominated by France, Germany and Spain. The key findings were:
- Yes, I've been wanting to make a career change - 49% (10,975 votes)
Interestingly, of those willing to make a career change, nearly half (49%) had been considering making a move, compared to 18 percent who are pondering a move because their current industry is suffering. More telling, nearly one quarter of job seekers (22%) would be willing to take the first job they are offered, regardless if it's within their current industry or not. (read more)
- Sure, my current industry is suffering in this economy - 18% (3,921 votes)
- Maybe, I need to take the first job I can get - 22% (4,994 votes)
- No, I would not consider taking a job in another industry at this time - 11% (2,554 votes)
I-9 White Paper
Recently the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issued 652 audits to businesses nationwide as an initiative to enforce employment and immigration compliance. With the recent influx of Notices of Inspections (NOIs), companies across the nation may be left wondering… "Who's Next?"
From I-9 basic requirements to storage & NOIs, iCIMS is offering our readers a white paper that will give best practices to prevent Form I-9 violations as well as tips on compliance...
Fill out the form to read more!
Read more details on Employment Eligibility Verification Law.
Today's In depth News
Send To a Friend
Blog Roll |
Exec Recruiters |
© 2013 interbiznet.com
Mill Valley, CA 94941