5 Year Forecasting|
Read John Sumser's Electronic Recruiting News for industry insight and analysis.
- Sign up and receive the ERN in your mailbox daily.
- Sign up and receive the Bugler in your mailbox daily.
- Read Today's BERT (Recruiting Blogs feed)
Reveille and Hyperbole
Paychex, Inc. has launched Accountant Advisory Boards in three cities across the United States. The new initiative is the latest enhancement of Paychex's long-time partnership with accounting professionals and provides
Paychex with a new forum to gain valuable input on ways to best meet the needs of CPAs and their clients.
Gevity (GVHR) sponsors research on employee management in small- and medium-sized businesses through the Gevity Institute. Gevity has
published the third phase of a landmark study by Gevity Institute and Cornell University researchers on how people management practices affect small business performance. The Cornell team found that firms using robust HR practices have higher levels of positive employee outcomes, including commitment to
supervisors, trust in management, cooperation, effort and involvement and lower employee turnover intentions.
Workstream Inc. (WSTM), announced that Best Buy Canada Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (BBY),
the fastest-growing national retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronic products and related services announced it has improved the efficiency and the quality of its recruitment efforts with Workstream Recruitment Solutions.
The Defense Department is reaching out to minorities to make them more aware of career and business opportunities within the department. National race and ethnic demographics reflect a rapidly growing minority proportion, said Clarence A. Johnson, principal
director for equal opportunity in the Office of the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. "As America grows more diverse every year, so does its armed forces," he said at the Minority Serving Institutions Research Partnerships Conference. DoD participates in these conferences as a
means of reaching out to talented youth from all segments of society and to enhance the department's capacity to recruit military and civilian employees, the retired Air Force colonel said. "We think our participation in conference activities helps to create a pool of potential future employees who have
had positive, meaningful experiences with DoD military and civilian personnel sparking them to consider DoD as their employer of choice," Johnson said.
TALENThire com, an Atlanta-based recruiting technology firm, proudly announces the addition of their 250th client since its launch in November 2004.
You Should Know
- Workplace Diversity Is a Bottom-Line Issue Female entrepreneurship has grown rapidly over the last decade, and the numbers of women at corporations, including those in corporate finance and those in leadership positions, continue to increase. But the numbers also show that women – both
as employees and as board members – aren't just taking up space. They're also enhancing the bottom line. (Jobs In The Money)
- The Secrets of Building Links and Increasing PageRank Links are important to Google, Yahoo and MSN in determining where your site is placed within the search results. As you probably know, the more links, the better you will place. The engines place a weighting factor on each link. That
is, a link from an important site like CNN.com would count for a lot more than Jimmy Bob's personal homepage. (MarketingProfs.com)
- Microsoft Comes Alive With competition heating up, Microsoft don Bill Gates is quickly upgrading the time-tested wares of his company. On Tuesday, Gates and Microsoft CTO Ray Ozzie previewed two new web-based software services,
Windows Live and Office Live, which are designed to deliver "rich and seamless experiences" to individuals and small businesses. Windows Live is an ad-supported platform that incorporates IM, blog hosting and e-mail applications, and will be offered alongside MSN.com. Office Live, meanwhile, is another
ad-supported model that helps small businesses develop an online presence through basic applications like website setups and free email accounts, in addition to providing subscription services that help automate daily business tasks like project, sales and customer management. (New
- Knight Ridder Update: Others Pile On Second and third biggest shareholders join push for sale, Mercury News reports a "poison-pill," and company promises a response. The top Knight Ridder news of the day is that its next
two largest institutional shareholders have joined Private Capital Management in pushing for exploration of a sale. Harris Ltd. (8.1 percent of the stock) said the company "should pursue a sale." Southeastern Asset Management (8.9 percent) said it would like to confer with Knight Ridder management on its
response. It was also reported, in the San Jose Mercury News, that Knight Ridder has in place a so-called "poison pill" takeover defense. If any shareholder assembles 20 percent of the stock (PCM has 19), Knight Ridder is authorized to issue a large block of new shares, thus diluting the aggressor's
- Bangalore may lose its IT hub status There's a punchline going around in India's high-tech capital: Bangalore may be Bangalored. "Bangalored",
a word invented in the United States to describe those whose jobs were lost because their work was outsourced to low-cost India, could well apply to the city, whose rivals are wooing investors as it chokes on its own growth. An infrastructure crunch threatens Bangalore's prospects and those problems were
compounded in October when a politician raised doubts about government support for industry in the form of cheap land and subsidies. (Hindustan Times)
- OFCCP Issues Long Awaited Final Rule on Definition of Internet Applicant the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs issued its long awaited final rule regarding the definition of an Internet Applicant entitled "Obligation To Solicit Race and Gender Data for
Agency Enforcement Purposes." The final rule will go into effect on February 6, 2006. (Jackson Lewis)
- Hispanics Gain 212,000 Jobs in October The unemployment rate for Hispanics dropped to 5.8 percent in October from 6.5 percent in September, according to data released today by the U.S. Department of Labor. The overall U.S.
unemployment rate also dropped, but only by 0.1 percent to 5.0 percent in October, thereby shrinking the Hispanic unemployment gap to 0.8 percentage points. This could be a result of hurricane reconstruction creating jobs that have been filled disproportionately by Hispanics, though the impact of
this year's hurricanes have had less impact on labor markets than analysts have expected. (Hispanic Business)
- CIA Recruiters Seek University Grads The Central Intelligence Agency will be recruiting its largest group of new personnel in 2006, targeting students at specific colleges and universities - one of them being the University.
Despite popular belief, not every member of the CIA is a spy. CIA personnel fall into four categories: operations, analysis, science and technology and administration. (HofstraChronicle)
Reach Top Candidates - Make More Placements!
Whatever your specialty, Net-Temps has the full-time, part-time and contract candidates your clients need. IT, accounting, engineering, finance, admin, sales … Recruit online with the #1 job board exclusively for staffing professionals.
For 10 years Net-Temps has been providing online services to staffing companies.
Our membership includes:
Find out about our new flexible service plans!
- Reusable job slots that make posting easy and flexible
- Full resume bank access
- search over 270,000 fresh resumes every month
- Candidate Manager that helps evaluate candidates and move them through the screening and
- Daily Hotlist of candidates
- Resume email alerts
or call 1-800-307-0062 for details.
Measuring-and Maximizing-the ROI of Your Workforce
Audio Conference -
VirtualEdge sponsors: CareerXroads Seminar:
Job Seeker Experience
- Why Care
Now a FREE Webinar
December 1, 1:00 pm EST
For More Info,
Lou Adler: Make Hiring Top Talent More Systematic
Thu, Nov. 10, 2005
10:00am (PST) 1:00pm (EST)
HRO World Europe
Conrad Hotel Brussels, Belgium
Executive Diversity Career Fair
Nov. 15 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Embassy Suites Hotel,
1900 Diagonal Rd.
Best Practices in Planning and Performance Management – Strategic Financial Planning
Tue, Nov 15, 2005
2:00 P.M. ET
Better Hires Stay Longer: Pre-employment Assessment - Drivers, Findings, and Next Steps
November 15, 2005
12 p.m. EDT / 11 a.m. CDT
Webinar: Creating a World Class Onboarding and Employee Engagement Experience
November 15, 2005
2:00PM CST / 3:00PM EST
Recruiting Strategies with Plantronics:
Finding, Recruiting and Retaining the Talent You Need
Wed, November 16, 2005
11:00 AM Pacific 2:00 PM Eastern
Managing Contingent Workforce Suppliers/Solutions
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Early Bird Fee: $795
Request an expanded brochure
Webinar: Guy Kawasaki and Teresa Shappell
Creating a Portfolio of Leaders to Drive Successful Exits"
November 30, 2005
10:30 a.m. PST / 1:30 p.m. EST
Strategic Research Institute's
Beyond Blogs & Social Networks conference,
December 1-2, 2005
Jersey City, NJ
Human Capital Summit Conference
April 5-7, 2006,
Chicago Marriott Downtown Hotel
21-22 June 2006
Send your company news, personnel changes, placements, and other tidbits of interest. News you'd like to see covered that we haven't? Let us know.
Don't forget to check out the blogs on bert.
If you have any problem with this form please click on the link below and enter your email address:
News In Email:
ERN in Email
Our Rate Card